The 5 Best Perfume And Cologne For Dogs
To get rid of the unpleasant smell of the dog, some owners try to remove the obsessive scent with perfume.
Can this be done? What consequences for the pet will the use of perfume, cologne have?
All dogs have their own distinctive scent, but normally this scent should be subtle. If the owner’s clothes, the interior of the car and the apartment smell like a dog, it is necessary to look for a problem and ways to solve it.
By the way, according to the opinion of the interviewed dog owners, the shepherd dog is considered the most “fragrant” of the breeds. Toy Terriers deliver the least trouble to the owners in this regard.
Is it possible to use Perfume for Dogs?
Of course, no dog owner is pleased when his pet smells like dog or other unpleasant odor.
Eau de toilette is used as one of the ways to mask unpleasant odors. This is wrong as the perfume is not meant for dog skin. What are the consequences for the pet can have the use of toilet water?
- Skin irritation. Since the dog is not used to using perfume, it can irritate him. As a result, the pet’s well-being will deteriorate.
- Allergic reaction. You cannot be sure that the perfume will not cause allergies in your dog.
- Deterioration of the hug. Since perfume has a pungent smell, it is more likely that you will ruin your dog’s sense of smell. Thus, you will significantly impair the working potential of the dog. Of course, over time, the scent will recover, but for this you will need a lot of time.
- An unpleasant smell will become even sharper and more noticeable. It’s no secret that perfume cannot completely mask the unpleasant scent, moreover, the dog will start to smell even worse.
- The pungent smell will be unpleasant for your pet. In order to get rid of the unpleasant odor, the dog will begin to wallow in rotten meat, garbage, etc. It is unlikely to improve the pet’s scent.
The most common sources of pet odor are mouth and fur. If your dog has an unpleasant odor from the coat, it is most likely that you need to pay attention to the pet’s hygiene.
The dog should be washed as needed, but at least once a week. Be sure to get a dedicated dog shampoo.
Our Top Picks of DOG SHAMPOO – Cologne for dogs
- Comprehensive anti itch formula: oatmeal, baking soda, and...
- Vet endorsed & smells incredible: The light yet amazing...
- Pet allergy friendly: soap/shampoo/conditioner/lotion –...
- Tear free & dandruff free: The only natural dog shampoo...
- Lifetime, no questions asked, manufacturer money back...
After bathing, you can wipe the pet’s coat with a solution of vinegar and water in a 1: 1 ratio.
Do not under any circumstances spray your dog with your own perfume. Remember that animals have a very keen sense of smell. This procedure can be worth your pet’s scent.
Bad smell from the dog’s mouth is also the result of inadequate grooming. Brush your pet’s teeth every other day. Use a special paste for the procedure.
Be sure to treat your dog’s ears. Experts say that often it is from the ears that the unpleasant smell of the dog comes.
After walking, do not forget to wash your dog’s paws, belly and the area around the tail.
It is known that smell is a kind of defense reaction of the body. Your dog may be under severe stress, fear, or very anxious. This can cause the sebaceous glands to release an unpleasant odor.
Try to provide your pet with a normal emotional background.
Very often, the dog, feeling anxiety or fear, leaves puddles in the house. Do not swear, it is best to contact a zoopsychologist.
Other Ways to Get Rid of Dog Smell?
There are other methods for eliminating unpleasant odors.
- Water procedures. In order to remove the smell from the pet, you need to buy a high-quality shampoo. Regular hygiene helps prevent unpleasant odors. It is recommended to bathe the dog several times a month, depending on the type of coat and the degree of soiling.
- Use of quality cosmetics for dogs. In order for water treatments to be more effective, it is necessary to use special shampoos and shower gels.
- Application of special cologne for dogs. If you want your pet to smell good, it is best to use a dog toilet. Their smell is pleasant to humans and not harmful to the pet.
Best cologne for dogs
Pluses of Gerrard Larriett Aromatherapy Spray For Dogs
- Anxiety-relieving formula
- Travel-friendly spray
- Gentle lavender scent
Pluses of Bodhi Dog Pet Cologne
- Several sizes to suit
- Backed by vets and groomers
Pluses of Fresh ‘N Clean Cologne Spray For Dogs
- Cost-effective size
- Long-lasting scent
- Ideal between baths
- Pet Deodorant Spray for Dogs - Freshen up your pup with our...
- Waterless Dog Shampoo - When you don’t have time for a...
- Dog Odor Spray - Try our pet spray odor eliminator dog items...
- Dog Grooming Supplies - Take your pet grooming to the next...
- Premium Quality - We know you’ll love our lavender oil dog...
Pluses of Pet Pleasant Lavender Pet Spray
- All-natural ingredients
- Pure essential oils
- Delicate fragrance
How to get rid of the smell in the apartment?
The apartment, especially with upholstered furniture and carpets, perfectly absorbs strong odors. How to eliminate a questionable “doggy” scent? Compliance with simple hygiene rules is required:
- Keep the dog litter free from contamination and replace it regularly with fresh one. Wash dirty bedding with powder (if the dog is not allergic) or soap.
- Wash bowls daily, wash or replace toys as they become dirty.
- If the animal shits on the carpet, you need to remove the “consequences” immediately, so that the smell does not go on tightly.
Carpets can be cleaned with special cleaning agents for such coatings, but the smell can be easily eliminated using the means available in every home: apply a solution of 40 ml of vinegar per 1 liter of water to a dirty area, cover with soda, rub into the coating with a brush.
Next, a solution of water with hydrogen peroxide is applied to the stain. After 10-15 minutes, rinse it thoroughly with water. Puddles are wiped off the hard floor with a regular rag, the smell is destroyed with a solution of vinegar in water 1: 6.
- If the dog goes into the tray, after each “trip” it must be rinsed with running water or changed to fresh filler. The disinfectant tray is washed 3 or 4 times a month.
- Ventilate the room regularly – fresh air is good for both you and your pet. Be careful when using various chemical fresheners – make sure they are not toxic or cause allergies in your dog.
Cologne for dogs Final Words
Remember: the main conditions for the absence of an unpleasant odor are the health of the pet, careful care for it and keeping the home clean.
And the specialists of our veterinary center are always happy to help in solving odor problems.