Yorkies are identifiable through their exceptional long beautiful and attractive hair. Due to the overflowing locks, regular grooming is essential to maintain her fabulous look. Whether you want to approach grooming as a professional or as a DIY enthusiast, go for the best dog nail clippers for Yorkies.
Leaving your Yorkie nails to grow too long, they will curve inwards and cause undue pressure to the paws.
Yorkies Nail Clippers – Comparison Chart
Has your pooch grown some really long nails? It’s time to keep them looking good. Here are some nail clippers you can use. Analyze and compare the main features as well as the prices. This way, you will be able to make the right purchase decision.
- Boshel Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer
- Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded
- Safari Professional Stainless Steel Nail Trimmer
- GoPets Nail Clippers
- Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
- Resco Original Dog, Cat, and Pet Nail
- Epica #1 Best Professional Pet Nail Clipper
The Best Nail Clippers for Yorkies in 2021
1. Boshel Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer
This clipper is ergonomically designed to give you a powerful but easy to use pet grooming tool. Our review team strongly recommends this clipper for all animal trainers, veterinarians, and professional pet groomers alike.
This tool is made from high-quality stainless-steel sharp blades making it powerful enough to trim your dogs or cat nails with one cut.
The clipper gives you a comfortable easy grip, non-slip, ergonomic handles that stay safely in place in your hands for easy use and prevention of accidental nicks and cuts.
Above all these, the clipper is safely outfitted with a safety stop blade to help you reduce the risk of cutting nails too short and injuring your pet by cutting into the quick.
- User-friendly design
- Clean cuts every time
- Safety stops that serve as a quick sensor
- Razor sharp blades
- Safety guard not very effective
2. Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Upgraded
You will find this clipper to be a safe, effective and precision trimming tool. It comes with a dog nail grinder that uses advanced diamond bit grinder to give you safe, comfortable pet law grinding.
Moreover, it comes with advanced 2-speed switch and 3 grinding ports complete with adjustable low high-speed design powerful enough to support heavy grinding.
The clipper is super low noise and vibration and this will keep your pets at ease and calm.
- Advanced 2-Speed Switch & 3 Grinding Ports
- Safe, Effective & Precise Trimming
- Super Low Noise & Vibration
- Rechargeable & Portable
- Safe at home professional grinding work
- Safe sturdy non-slip grip handle
- Safety guard to avoid overcutting
- Noisy grinder may scare some pets
3. Safari Professional Stainless Steel Nail Trimmer
This clipper is made from the finest quality of stainless steel to give you a long last and sharp cutting edge.
This clipper is ideal for your medium-sized dog and has rubber-coated handles that allow for your easy gripping.
- Rubber-coated handles for easy gripping
- Safety locking blades
- Ideal for small to medium-sized dogs
- A none slip grip
- Regular trimming should be a part of your grooming routine
- Sharp stainless steel cutting edge will last a long time
- Ideal for small to medium-sized pets
- Sharp, durable trimmer for proper pet grooming
- Needs the use of the file for optimum results
- Very sturdy locking mechanism
- Hard to set a guard in the right place
4. GoPets Nail Clippers
This clipper is designed to give quick and fast cuts in order to help in easing your risk of being attacked by terrified pets.
In addition, its design helps you to reduce the risk of injury through an effective safety guard that helps you to prevent over cutting nails.
For your proper use, we recommend that you apply gentle pressure over the trimmer without making a cut, in case your pet reacts, you are too close to the quick-cut move further down.
- Gives clean cut every time
- Designed with safe and easy to use ergonomics
- Holding the clippers is comfortable
- Great leverage to make quick clean cuts
- Great for large, medium, or small cats and dogs
- High-quality stainless steel that stays sharp making clean and quick cuts
- No nail guard to prevent over cutting into the quick
- It exposes too much of the nail
5. Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
In order to avoid any more painful trimmings for your pet, our team of experts recommends this clipper for you. This trimmer is safe enough for your home use as well as for professional use.
The clipper offers you a super grip hand that prevents any sliding or slipping as you trim your pet’s nails
In addition, it has a windowed opening design for the blades that keeps the nails visible. Over and above this, the clipper has an angled edge with a semicircular steel blade that gives you a precise and clean cut.
- ECO friendly
- Safe and easy to use
- Comes with the user instructional EBook
- Ideal for small pets
- Comfortable finger rests
- Anti-slip green handle
- Safety nail clipper head
- A sturdy steel angled blade
- Very small handle
- Blades too large for small pets such as cats
6. Resco Original Dog, Cat, and Pet Nail
This paw clipper will give you a deluxe grip complete with a premium red powder coat for extra grip, comfort, and versatility.
It has a replaceable cutting blade so you will only need to replace it once it gets dull with the accompanying PF0400 or PF0440 Resco cutting blade replacement kit instead of buying a new one.
We strongly recommend this specialized clipper for all kinds of tinny pets with smaller nails. In this regard, you will love its end result for yorkies and other small pets.
- Deluxe grips
- A premium red powder coat for added comfort, grip, and versatility
- It’s lightweight and very smooth and easy to use
- Not the best choice if you’re after nice, clean edges
7. Epica #1 Best Professional Pet Nail Clipper
Our team of reviewers strongly recommends these clippers for large and medium-sized furry-friends with thick nails.
The precision cutting design of this clipper helps to makes the trimming of your dog’s nails easier and safer.
For example, the clipper has a sharp blade that allows you to work faster with less effort and helps to cut nails cleanly without ragged edges that need filling.
- Easy and safe to use
- Trims your pet’s nails safely
- Gentle to squeeze
- Safety Locks that close when not in use
- Rubber coated handles for a secure grip
- Top-quality stainless-steel construction
- Precise cutting for health and comfortable operations
- Continently sized for both medium and large dog breeds
- Not convenient for use on small-sized pets
- Loud snipping noise
A Comprehensive Buying Guide
Before delving into details, we look at some the defining features that will determine your purchasing decision:
Type of Nail Clipper
Yorkies nail clippers are in three different categories:
Scissors: they are available in two varieties; one fits the small dogs and the other for larger dogs. Look at the size of your pet before picking appropriate scissors. One thing to note is how fast their blades become blunt.
Grinders: These clippers are fitted with sandpaper or an emery board. You only need to place the toenails on the board and start grinding. You can get a standalone or one that needs some attachment.
Guillotine: professional groomers prefer the guillotine because of the spring that secures the dog’s toenails. An advantage of having this type of a nail clipper is that you may find its usefulness on cats.
Consider a clipper with no fatigue regardless of how long you use it. Comfort gives your Yorkie an excellent cut. Buy one with a nice handle and anti-slip and probably with a rubber handle.
Over trimming, nails can damage them and be a cause of infections. Purchase a clipper with a quick guard to ensure a smooth and consistent cut. The guard is appropriate for a person still new on cutting dog nails.
Best dog nail clippers gain their reputation because of the quality of the blade. It would help if you made sure that the clipper of choice is the Pet Nail Clippers suitable for a young Yorkie because it is safe and easy to use, comfortable finger rests, and made of a durable steel blade.
How Often Should I Use a Nail Clipper?
How regular depends on different factors if he walks outside to go for a regular grooming session. An indoor dog deserves trimming at least once a month.
How to Use Dog Nail Clippers?
Clipping your dog for the first time comes with a lot of nervousness. However, as you learn, you will soon turn into a professional. Place your pet in a comfortable position, hold its paw, and use your fingers to spread its toes. One hand should hold the clipper and use the other for restraining the paw.
Can I Use a Regular Scissor?
Avoid using any other sharp objects other than a dog nail clipper. The design of the clipper is purposely for cutting nails without any risk of damaging the quick.
How do I Stop Nail from Bleeding?
If you accidentally cut the quick, use a clean cloth to compress the cut. For small cuts, rub a fresh bar soap on the wound. A significant injury requires that you wrap an ice cream in a cloth around it.
The Boshel Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer is our all-time favorite. It cuts clean and is also highly user-friendly. So, we really wouldn’t hesitate to give it our backing.
Regular grooming of the Yorkie is the best option for keeping it clean and healthy. Make sure you purchase the best nail clipper on the market to get a precise and clean cut. Make sure the dog has all its needs when it comes to its wellbeing.