White Terriers, also known as Westies are an active dog breed that has a snow-white coat. Not to mention, they also have lots of hair and their coat is double-layered.
Because of their double coat, Westies require regular grooming, especially in the summer. And this is exactly where the best dog clippers for White Terrier step in.
But what are the best clippers for Westies? Well, we’ve compiled a list of the 5 best-rated options on the market today that:
- Easily cut thick coats
- Boasts low-maintenance design
- Offers a consistent cutting
- Provide years of reliable use
So, check them out and be sure to also read our buying guide.
Top Rated Clippers for White Terrier- Comparison Table
If you’re looking for a good set of clippers for your Westie, there are many options that are worth considering. However, the following five options are considered to be the best.
- Andis ProClip AGC Clipper
- Andis Excel 5-Speed Clipper
- Oster Golden A5 Two-Speed (078005-140-002)
- Pet Union Professional Grooming Kit
- AndisProClip Detachable Blade
Best Dog Clippers for White Terrier in 2021
1. Andis ProClip AGC Clipper
The AndisProClip AGC two-speed is housed in a shatter-proof casing to ensure years of reliable use. Best of all, it comes in four different colors for a modern and sleek look.
What’s more? The kit includes an Ultra Edge blade that easily cuts through the Westie’s double coat for a smooth cut finish. Additionally, the unit is designed to work with all ceramic edge and ultra-edge blades.
- Offers fast and superior performance
- Fits comfortably in the hand
- Boasts quiet operation
- Low-maintenance design
- Lacks real grip
2. Andis Excel 5-Speed Clipper
This is a professional grooming clipper that features a 5-speed rotary motor for ultimate grooming versatility. The motor delivers over 4,500 strokes per minute thereby making this kit ideal for the toughest grooming jobs.
As if that’s not enough, it boasts a detachable blade design for easy cleaning and changing. More importantly, the unit works with all Ceramic Edge, UltraEdge, and ShowEdge blades.
- Comes with a #10 ceramic Edge blade size
- Easy to change the speeds with a touch of the button
- Includes anti-slip soft grip housing for comfortable handling
- Comes with a 14’ heavy-duty power cord
- The motor tends to get hot pretty fast
3. Oster Golden A5 Two-Speed (078005-140-002)
Powered by a powerful universal motor, the Oster Golden A5 offers great versatility for both small and large grooming jobs. It also features two-speed to allow greater precision, quieter performance, and maximum power.
More so, the kit is housed in a virtually unbreakable and chew-proof construction to ensure long-lasting performance. And the best part is that the clipper is compatible with all Oster A5 CryogenX blades.
- Comes with a detachable #10 CryogenX blade size
- Backed by a one-year warranty
- The blade is treated to enhance the hardening process
- Boasts high-torque
- Heats up very quickly so you need to take breaks
- A little bit on the heavier side
4. Pet Union Professional Grooming Kit
Looking for a complete grooming kit for your White Terrier? The Pet Union boasts everything you need in a single kit including scissors, styling comb, nail clipper, and guide combs.
Additionally, the kit uses a powerful rechargeable battery that makes grooming a breeze for even the hardest-to-reach spots. On top of that, it is designed to be low on noise and vibrations. This makes it ideal for canines with anxiety problems.
- Includes multiple blades and combs
- Boasts titanium blades that offer precision cut
- Backed by a lifetime replacement guarantee
- Ergonomic design ensures a comfortable fit
- The scissors are not sharp enough
- Not a heavy-duty kit
5. AndisProClip Detachable Blade
Lastly, we have this powerful clipper from Andis that is designed for smooth and fast grooming of heavy coats. This unit uses a steady two-speed rotary motor that runs at 3,400 spm on high setting and 2,700 spm on a low setting.
But here is the best part; the AndisProClip features detachable blades that are both easy to clean and change. Besides, it is compatible with all AndisUltraEdge and CeramicEdge blades.
- Delivers professional results
- Runs cool
- Powered by a long-lasting motor
- Comes with a 14’heavy-duty cord
- Requires you to use coolant on the blades
- A little loud
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look Out For
There are many dog clippers out there. So, if you’re looking for a unit that will work well for your White Terrier, there are some things to consider. These include:
Finding a pair of clippers that are easy to change and clean the blades is important. It doesn’t make sense to buy many trimmers when you could simply buy one that is compatible with multiple blade options.
When it comes to blade sizes, the higher the number of the blade, the finer and closer the cut will be. Generally, you should leave enough hair to ensure your Westie is protected from the elements. Therefore, a #10 or #15 blade size would work well for a White Terrier.
Another factor to consider is the durability of the trimmer. The best unit should be made from shatter-proof housing to ensure long-lasting performance.
Size and weight
These two things can make a big difference in terms of comfort. So, you should get a clipper that features an ergonomic, lightweight design and anti-slip grip. This way you can use it for long durations without getting fatigued.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Before we conclude, let’s go over some of the frequently asked questions about the most popular dog clippers for White Terrier.
When should I start grooming my White Terrier?
It is advisable to give your Westie his first hair cut when around 16 weeks old. You should also brush the coat daily to keep it clean.
How often should I bathe my Westie?
If your Westie hair is soft and curly, you should bathe him at least every four to six weeks. But overall, it is up to you when you bathe him.
Which is the Best?
The AndisProClip AGC Clipper is our best pick because it’s not only durable but also delivers a smooth cut. What’s more, it is designed to be compatible with ceramic edge and ultra-edge blades.
Keeping your White Terrier well-groomed is very important. And with the top dog clippers for Westies, the experience can be very rewarding. The grooming also gives you time to bond with your furry buddy.